Criminal Law

About post-conviction relief in Indiana

Return to Previous Page

If you have been convicted of a crime, you can petition the court for Post-Conviction Relief (PCR). Like an appeal, a request for PCR alleges that there were circumstances or errors during your trial that led to an unfavorable outcome to the trial or to the sentencing. A request for PCR is made to the trial court and has no time limit in which it must be filed, whereas an appeal is made to the Court of Appeals and may only be filed within a short time of the conviction.